Sunday, June 9, 2013

Design Wall Monday 6/10/13


It's been a while since I linked up with Judy at Patchwork Times as I had a month of completing QAL projects and Challenges that had finished up.  This is one of the flowers blocks in Judy of Green Fairy Quilts 'Flower Patch' quilt pattern.     


My second block - two blocks a week or at you leasure - no pressure on this.  I've had this pattern a while, so this was a good thing to pull it out and join in.  I am using Boho, Shot Cottons, and Kona White.


And I pulled fabrics for Beaquilter's Sampler QAL.  I used that great print as a focus fabric to pull out my other fabrics.  I think I need one more green.


Just 2 blocks a month is doable.  Starting with the easy blocks......


and moving up in skill and techniques with each block.  Bea also is giving some time saver and speed sewing tips along the way.


I know - another project - but I am taking part in Barbara's NewFO challenge.  I just love this Jelly Roll 'Tea House' by Bernatex and my background  is a light teal floral wash ' Forever Yours' by SSI.  This project is for the Jelly Roll Sew Along at Aunt Reen's Place - a quilt pattern called 'willow weave'.  

It is quite refreshing to complete projects, but exhilarating to start something new.  These will all be wonderful quilts at the end.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Love your fabric selections on these. I'm watching the new SAL to see what happens!

Karen said...

Very pretty yellow blocks. I too am joining Aunt Reen's Place jelly roll QAL. I have started to cut out my blocks but I didn't do so well on cutting strips the right size. It must be old age. I ordered fabric yesterday to make up the ones I cut the wrong size and I ordered fabric for the binding. I look forward to seeing your quilt.

Lesley said...

Refreshing to finish a quilt, and exhilarating to start one...I am so in agreement with you on this! My sewing corner has so many projects on the go, but I am always anxious to start another. Gotta love it! All your blocks and projects are wonderful...you choose such great patterns and fabrics! Way to start the week!

Anonymous said...

lots of lovely blocks there Sharon,well done.xx

Joanna said...

Nice projects. I love the flower blocks. They have a different look to them.
If I could just get my projects finished I would let myself begin new ones.

Kathy S. said...

Pretty, Sharon. I saw that one on Green Fairy yesterday and printed it out for my "future projects" stack. Lovely!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful blocks Sharon! You are off to a great start on your new sew-alongs! I really like the Jelly Roll you chose for Willow Weave, your finished top is going to look fabulous.

Teresa in Music City said...

Exactly!!! Finishes feel so great, but I just love playing in new fabrics and starting something new and exciting! Looks like you've found the perfect balance Sharon :*)

Lyndsey said...

Love the blocks. Do I need a new project? Well yes, if I don't how will I have UFO's to try and finish next year and I just love starting something new.

Snoodles said...

I can't decide which is more fun....starting a new project or finishing one! Haha! Love your blocks!

Denise :) said...

Oh you've got some prettiful things going on, Sharon! I really like your "Flower Patch" blocks -- how fun those are! And the fabrics you're using for them are awesome!

Michele said...

Lots of new projects on your list at the moment. I'm itching to start something new too. Soon.

Belinda said...

Ooooh, I love your Bea blocks!! Those are awesome. Love the flower blocks too!

beaquilter said...

GREAT blocks!!! fun to see other versions