Monday, June 24, 2013

Recognizing Longarmers II


Some of you may know Bea of BeaQuilter but if not, take a long stroll thru her blog.  I haven't had the chance to use her longarmer skills yet, but I have enjoyed her helpful EQ skills with her Tutorial Tuesdays (no I haven't mastered it yet).


And she is, also, quite the pattern designer - a published designer as well as has some lovelies in Craftsy.   I did get to test one of her newest patterns which she tells about HERE.  I chose to make the large size for her - remember that month I was buried in LARGE quilts - this was one of them.


I love blocks that make secondary patterns.  And depending on what fabrics, number of fabrics, and  colors you use, you can get a totally different affect - you can see the different test quilts on her page.  


I love the tile affect I got from using just four colors.


And I used one of our local longarmers - Ron Lower - who is one of our Quilt Guild members. He knew I was on a time frame with this one and quickly did it right up for me - gotta appreciate that service. (yes, he did my SIL's quilt too) This was the first time he used this pattern and I love it.

Thank you Bea for letting me test one of your patterns, it was a new experience for me and I ended up with a wonderful quilt.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

12 comments:

Sheila said...

Yes. It is a wonderful quilt. Beautifully quilted. Bea is a very talented lady.

QuiltSue said...

That's beautiful and the fabrics you used are wonderful.

Lesley said...

Sharon, you are a perfect pattern tester! Your fabrics are a perfect choice, showing the primary and secondary pattern so well, your piecing is exquisite, and I just bet you were fast! Bravo! Love the quilting too!

Karen M said...

Thanks so much for this little introduction to long arm quilters. I have enjoyed reading both of them. I hope you have more coming.

Debbie said...

finally, we get to see what you have been up to! What a great job you did as a pattern tester....it is wonderful. And great job on the quilting to you long armer.

Anonymous said...

well done Sharon this quilt is stunning.xx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful job Sharon. I love Bea's blog too.

Snoodles said...

Love all the different looks from this quilt on her blog....great job, Sharon!

Cheryll said...

L-O-V-E the quilt! And a lovely colour choice too! But then again I usually like everything you do Sharon! Hope the weather is good now.

hueisei said...

So beautiful!! I was so amazed... Love it!!

Belinda said...

Wow! That turned out great!! Love the quilting too. I soooo wish I had a long arm....oh well. :)

Michele said...

Nicely done. I'm constantly amazed by all that Bea accomplishes.