Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rolling Stars


I actually have a lot of things to share, but in taking these pictures with my 'dented' camera - yes, had to hold three parts together to get it to work (and did that for almost three years after a kitty sent it flying) - well it is now 8 pieces.

But this just had to be shown and glad I got shots of it and managed to load to the computer with a duct taped camera.  My SIL's first large quilt - finished!  It is Rolling Stars quilt pattern by Whistlingpig Creek - you can find it in many shops, I just linked where she got it.


Using Charms and Jelly Roll - a quick project that has a stunning look.  She wanted to make her brother a quilt for his birthday - a man's quilt.  I love the fabrics she chose - one of the Kansas Trouble lines.


And she chose this gorgeous blue paisley extra wide backing at our LQS  - the Quilt Bug.  A local longarmer quilted it for her - very hard to see the quilting in these photos - a pale blue thread on the back and a cream thread on the top.  And I had her hand stitch the binding - this quilt deserved that special touch - and maybe I can get her to enter it in a Quilt Show this fall.

And with the scraps she make two pillows and a table runner - yeah, I wasn't going to let her tuck that back in the tote.

Closing Thought

 “It is better to be a young June-bug than an old bird of paradise”
- Mark Twain

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon
*and yes - I am off to buy a new camera today*

19 comments:

Joanna said...

Lovely.

Sheila said...

What a beautiful quilt! I'm not surprised. She had a good teacher : )
Mark Twain was a wise man.
Yes. Time for a new camera. haha.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Congratulations to your SIL!!

Anonymous said...

well done to your SIL Sharon,its gorgeous.xx

Christine M said...

Your SIL's quilt is lovely. Well done!

Cheryll said...

Such a simple block/s but the look is stunning! Well done!!! :)

Lyndsey said...

The quilt is a real beauty. Good luck with the camera shopping.

Karen M said...

Great finish for your SIL. I love that pattern. It would be a great stash buster. Thanks for sharing.

Lesley said...

This is a gorgeous quilt by your SIL...love the scrappiness and what a great pattern to use scraps. She made a wonderful quilt! Great job, Teach!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the colors. Great way to use up scraps too!

Quilting Babcia said...

Great quilt! I admire your tenacity and good fortune that you're still able to get photos out of that poor camera!

Debbie said...

Love this pattern...and the quilt turned out so great. A snuggle down with love quilt!
Sounds like the time has come for you to bury that camera and look for a new one! Duct tape and multiple pieces are a sign. :D

Needled Mom said...

That is really lovely. She did a great job.

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt , love the choice of fabrics !!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

She did a great job. Hopefully she'll enter the quilt.

quilter000 said...

Hey look at that quilt!! A great job well done! Congrats on thjis to you both! I love it those colors are good for lots of reasons. Way to go Patty

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop for your SIL!! That's a beautiful quilt (especially the hand binding) and how smart to use up all her scraps too! Looks like she had a great teacher...

tink's mom said...

What a terrific quilt. Love the combo of blocks. Your SIL should be congratulated. Good luck with the search for the new camera.

KatieQ said...

I'm not surprised that you SILs quilt came out so wonderful, she has a great teacher. I really like the color combo and the paisley backing fabric is great.
You either need another hand or a new camera. I wish I could have seen you holding it together to take the photo.