Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The End of December and The Year


I had a short list for December - keeping the month stress free.  I made the gift 'selfie' bag for my grand daughter - her brothers have their own, so now she has hers.  These are my NaNa stockings for them - I keep them at my house.  Little sweet potato had surgery for her lazy eye yesterday and had some difficulty with the anethesia.  They kept her overnight for safety and tests - so prayers and hugs for our little girl.


Finish off the pineapple mini - free pattern HERE.  


And finish off the applique technique sampler.


Then there was the last of the Temecula Company Christmas Mini, so that was completed as well.

A month of small projects which gave time for some serious house cleaning, company visiting, time to mourn a loss, time to pick up some slow stitching.

Looking forward to a New Year


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

margaret said...

you certainly got lots completed hope the eye is now okay, not sure who or what little sweet potato is though

sewyouquilt2 said...

prayers and hugs for your little one. You had a very busy Dec. also sorry for your loss. love that New Year saying. Every day is the best day in the year.

Lesley said...

You have such lovely finishes here! Prayers for your little gal!

Sarah said...

I hope the grand feels better today and can go home soon to finish recovering!! Love the pineapple. I'm sure you've shown it before but it onlt grabbed my attention today and now I've saved the pattern :)

Debbie said...

The pineapple is still my favorite :) A good month is keep things small.

Dana Gaffney said...

Sending lots of good thoughts and hugs to the little one, that's a stressful way to end the year.

Kate said...

Sending prayers for your little girl. That's a scary thing to happen. Hoping your 2016 is more successful and productive than 2015.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope your granddaughter is doing much better now. I know several people who don't handle anethesia well.

Denise :) said...

Wow -- what fun projects/finishes for this past month! Prayers for your girl ... and comfort and peace as you mourn. And many hugs! Happy New Year! :)

Janet said...

Ha! I got nothing finished this month so your bounty of finishes looks wonderful to me. Prayers for the child and wishes for the best year to come.