Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday Making 4/25/16


I managed to get the second block made for the Hillside Houses quilt.  My goal for today is to make the third block and get the row sewn together.  No, I didn't sew 'chimneys' and one extra - those are the windows of the next house.


I caught up on the 'Circa 2016' little blocks which gave me two bonus HSTs to add to the pile of 120 we need.


If I can get Moe to nap other than my Marcus fabrics, I can dig thru  those piles to see what small pieces are available to work a few more HSTs.  I want to work them as the small bits 'evolve' rather than cut them on purpose. 


Since the 2" barrel was stuffed (and Moe moved), I dumped it to sort.  I want to work some little bow tie blocks as well as pull any Marcus that may have ended up in here.  Again, rather than cut small pieces - use the bits that already exist.  And these little 3" blocks each week take little bits.

Hope you get some Monday time,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

KaHolly said...

Now that I'm settling back into my summer home, I'd like to make the hillside house...I'd like to make lots of things! I might just have to be satisfied watching yours grow! XO

Dana Gaffney said...

I didn't see chimneys until I read that, LOL, the color had me seeing windows. I'm really going to like watching this one, it has such a happy feel to it.

KimM said...

Love your blocks - and Moe looks so comfortable!!
xxx

Bonnie said...

It's so heartwarming to use up little bits and pieces. I have finally decided I can't use all the little cut off triangles I create. So, I'm dumping anything that won't be 2" or bigger. Yep, I'm giving up on the 1.5" -- mainly because I have way too many of them! Enjoy yours. The house is cute and I didn't even notice a bunch of chimney's when I first looked at it.

Needled Mom said...

Love the colors in your Hillside house.

tink's mom said...

I don't do little pieces but I do admire them. Nice. Alos loving the house blocks.

Rebecca in AK said...

I think you chose great fabrics for your Hillside Houses. I thought they looked liked windows. I don't think I realized those Circa 2016 blocks were only 3". Love them! I hope Moe found another pile of fabric to nap on so you could get to those!

beth s said...

Ooh! I LOVE that house block!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Moew does love to get right under foot huh. So cute! Your pastel house is bright and cheery!

gibbygoo56 said...

I love the house block too! I want to make this quilt!

Kate said...

All those little bits are becoming some fun blocks. The color palette you picked for your house blocks is absolutely perfect. It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Carla said...

This hillside block is really neat but I do believe for now I'll leave this one to you. ;o)