Sunday, June 5, 2016

Monday Making 6/616


I took an entire weekend off from all things fiber.  Yup, no sewing or stitching of any kind was done.  Saturday was finally a beautiful sunny (no rain), but not too hot day and I spent it doing yard work and enjoying a cool drink on the porch.  Sunday it rained all day and made for cooler temps - housework with dinner in the crockpot and some company mixed in. I need to make it a good Monday Making day with Beth.  


I have the last half of the last circle in this group of 6 to finish up and then I can sew the row together.  Then attached it to the other row - a quick project to get the machine warmed up.


And this project is getting added to the mix.  I love the Grandmother's Flower Garden hexie quilt, but more than I know I will ever complete.  So when my mother showed me this 2006 Fons & Porter magazine project, I knew this was more my style.  I can do 16 hexie flowers with no problem and then get to play with some fun piecing.


I want to get this into a flimsy today - maybe even borders if I can find something on the shelf.  I know I have a back for it.

What will you make today?
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon





10 comments:

Janice Holton said...

Hi Sharon, I like your pinwheel quilt! It's a little bit of traditional and modern put together! I also like your wooden planks blog background!

stitch quilt knit said...

Those pinwheel blocks are seriously cute!!

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your circle quilt and those pinwheels are cute. fun projects

Kathy S. said...

That's my idea of a hexi project too. I don't think I'll ever make a full hexagon quilt, although I love a good Grandma's Flower Garden quilt too. Happy stitchin'.

Dana Gaffney said...

As usual I'm looking at your ironing board cover and thinking how pretty it is and how good it looks with your circles :) I don't like making hexies, but the project you picked will be so pretty.

Barbara said...

The Flower Pots is a cute project. I'm not one for all the hexies required of a grandmother's flower garden either. Love your pinwheels. I'm working on my RSC block for June.

Needled Mom said...

STILL loving the circles! I.m looking forward to seeing the pinwheels come together.

margaret said...

how colourful the pin wheel quilt is, loving it Hexies are always good for a bit of hand stitching and I find relaxing to do

Kate said...

The pinwheels will make a fun and colorful quilt. Sounds like you had a wonderfully productive weekend that should let you stitch without the guilt of unfinished things elsewhere.

beth s said...

Love those pinwheels and all that color. ;)