Friday, July 15, 2016

Day 3 of 12 Days


Are you enjoying the Hop?  SARAH has the next step of the QAL up.  It may take a little longer today, but this I think is the biggest step in the progress of this quilt.  Please be sure to visit today's hosts:




My four centers.  These are large blocks which are giving me the jitters - I love to work tiny, this so isn't my style of work.  But I know others like large blocks and large pieces.

Christmas Card Holder

I want to share another website that is, also, doing a Christmas in July.  Some quick and simple projects are being shared by Sulky whom I follow because I love their thread.

 

And I had some people ask me about the star ornaments in this photo the day of my Hop.  These are 'Froebel Stern' - a German folded star another heritage tradition.  There are a lot of u-tube and tutorials on the web, but because this one uses color paper for demonstration , you might find it easier to try to make them the first time:


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I didn't notice the ornaments the first time around. Pretty. I've seen those before. They're a little like origami.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I found a pattern for one of those stick Christmas trees today. I may have to try it.

Dana Gaffney said...

They are pretty, but I thought they were package bows, now I need to check this out.

Kate said...

It looks a bit like Christmas on your blog. Sometimes big blocks are fun, they certainly go together fast.