Friday, July 1, 2016

July 2016 Goals


I had to take a 'breather' day away from anything fabric or thread.  A walk, a visit with a friend, a stroll thru a store - just breath.  We all need a refreshing day or so away.  Now to welcome a new month.


Slow Sunday Stitching

I may make my Slow Sunday into a slow weekend for the month of July.  My '365' circles and the Hexie 'garden' project to help me learn to breath again.

Dust Off Those Books
I am rolling over my Rail/Colorwash project which I kind of slacked on in June.  Well, I had to get setting fabric - but now for a finish.


RSC16's color is the yumminess (is that a word?) of watermelon.  I never got to June's color of aqua due to not enough scrap in the color (collecting slowly), but I can manage watermelon.

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

 I am pulling things in reorganizing shelving storage - all those boxes, baggies, bits that need cleaning up.  I've worked them as leader/enders or a day of play.......


and they are all piled on the quilt rack near the sewing station.  Yeah, the piles not neat, but I will work thru this even if I have to designate a day a week just for this.  And Bonnie Hunter should be revealing her scrap project this month.  I didn't do last year's challenge of tumblers as I had already made a couple - looking forward to this one to help clear some old fabrics off the shelves.


I will keep up with the QALs - Circa 2016 is a lot of little blocks and slowly working thru all the little HSTs needed.  I may need a larger container soon.


I love Barbara Brackman's projects - the history along with the blocks just fascinates me.  The newest Westering Women block - love it, but wouldn't want to make a whole quilt with this one.

And Adinkra - for some reason I don't have an updated photo to show.


I will be vending at a local event.  And I have a picnic with the Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame.



I will be taking part in this - hope to see you there.

I forgot to yell out to my Northern friends - Happy Canada Day!  AND Happy and Safe 4th of July weekend people,

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,love your blocks looking forward to the 12 days of Xmas blog hop ....

sewyouquilt2 said...

Happy 4th to you too! love all your projects and looking forward to the Xmas blog hop. you cant start too soon!

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm glad you took a breather since July looks busy for you. Yumminess is a word especially if you're talking about watermelon. The latest Westering Women block is gorgeous.

Carol Swift said...

Those breather days help me focus better. Looks like it worked well for you!

Needled Mom said...

That last block is really pretty. Love the colors and the pattern of it.

Suze said...

Happy and safe 4th to you. What a timely mention of history along with the blocks. I didn't like history when I was in school. No one made history fun for me and to me it was just memorization. I was raised in WV and now live in OK. A friend of mine is a history nut and she goes on and on and on about history and bores me to tears with it. She thinks I should be totally enamored with history since I lived in an area that was particularly history laden. Nope! I had a student teacher in 8th grade who gave each of us a name and we had to dress as the character and give a report. Very few of the girls got to report on women. I didn't want to be a man. Instead of her due her due diligence and finding women for us and even the resources, she gave me a man. Grrr - that just added to my frustration. Who wanted to stand in front on her peers dressed as a man and give a report - especially at that age? That changed when I was married to my second husband. He was a great story teller and could keep my interest. So, now I enjoy reading the stories of the blocks and their births. Thank you for reminding us of our great heritage.

Kate said...

You've got some fun goals and some good housekeeping goals for July. Good luck on both fronts.