Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


I worked the last few days on finishing up the library totes for my guild charity project.  Kitties, owls, and bears - oh my!


And I had these two pieces of panel left overs that I was saving for pillows, but they make cute totes.

And I did get the pineapple blocks done and into their mini, but will share that when presented.


The next temperature rosette completed.  It's fun to see the other temp quilts grow as each uses their own color chart for their region/season.  As you can see, we got rather cold over the past week.
76.72.71.68.67.62.60

It's been a difficult few days with pain for those in Texas and then realizing as locals were posting on FB photos of the flooding in our own Valley from Irene - the Anniversary of storm Irene no less.  Also, my Dad's birthday fell into this mix and I miss him every day.


Today I will find some solace in playing with these again.  Using up those last few scraps from that larger baggy to make log cabins and rails with Bonnie Hunter's challange.  These should make short work of those few left overs, but no fear - there is another baggy to dig in to.

There is a new button on the side bar for Amy Ellis' Bloggers' Quilt Show.  This year there will be no voting or catagories - random draw for give aways.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Debbie said...


great totes!

Dana Gaffney said...

The totes are so cute and the pillow panels are perfect. The news is exhausting and triggering memories of our hurricanes, plus worrying about family in Houston (they're safe). It seems like all of the anniversaries of the big ones fall right around this time.

Barbara said...

Every time I have low thoughts, I just remind myself how glad I am not to be in Texas right now. Your totes are very cute...such a great project.

Janet said...

I think my temperature blocks would be all dark blues and blacks. Way colder here!

Christine M said...

Your bags look lovely, Sharon.

Kate said...

Fun tote bags. I really like those bears. It has been hard to watch the scenes from Texas. The area where we lived is where they are now waiting for the rivers to crest. All our friends are OK, so that's the important part.

Anonymous said...

This is a really good idea that you have going on. manufacturing
หนังไทยใหม่