Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


I may have a scrap problem after all.  After being tired of searching for different things, I decided it was time to start pulling things from the shelving units and get a better grip on it all.  It worked out to find some real 'yardage' for making the pillowcases and then grew.


I even hit my rolling cart drawers.  The green drawer I just pulled!  Three green quilts this year and this thing is still stuffed.  And there are things across the couch.

I invited the Monday sewing group to come 'shop' at their leasure - PLEASE!  Some fabrics, kits, panels, etc... went out the door.  Seriously - if you are not going to be able to use it up, pass it on.  Styles change, tastes change, and some things just don't fit in your Mo-Jo.


I put the remainder back neatly on the shelves and into drawyers.  I have a pile of things that just will get cut down into my barrel system.  BUT, I have a large pile of lighter browns that just need to be used up.  I'm thinking of strip sewing onto telephone paper to use later as a neutral scrappy sashing.


The latest temperature rosette.  Since I am using scraps up on this, I may not always use the same fabric for the same 'temp', but a close range of that hue.  Again we are cooler than norm, but I love this kind of weather.
60,65,61,62,72,70,73


I haven't had a finish in such a long time.  I am trying to resolve that by completing the Temecula Quilt Co Marvelous Monday Minis quilt.  I didn't like their wide sashing/border finish as to me it took away from the style of 'mini'.  Skinny sashings and then some smaller outer borders is more to my liking.  Well borders aren't to my liking, but this is a mini and will not rattle my nerves.

I hope to catch up on my blog reads/comments.  I have been bad with this too.  With the Hall of Fame business ( a few more events before relaxing), our local guild starting back up after Summer break, and over the next few days being sure all the Hurricane donations get out and a special local delivery done.  I might be able to breath.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon    

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Such pretty scraps you've been organizing. I always find "lost" fabrics when I organize as well. Love the fabrics in your temperature rosette this week. I don't know why I don't have more teal/turq fabrics in my stash... Seems we were just a tad chillier than you but I've been enjoying it immensely. Seems camping next weekend should also be perfect day and night weather. It can stay like this for the next few months!!!

Vireya said...

My "scraps" are disguised by jut being in with all my fabric. Something has to be pretty tiny before I won't just put it back with the rest.

Nice to see another temperature rosette! The weeks seem to fly past.

Debbie said...

Wow, you have the assortment of fabrics. I always enjoy viewing the stash! I like your mini setting plans.

Barbara said...

It seems scraps are kind of like zucchini. If all else fails, you can walk around town looking for open car windows and throwing fabric inside.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I need to purge my fabric as well.

Kate said...

Good for you on purging what you didn't want anymore. I get overwhelmed if I have too much stuff that I can't wade through and then I get unproductive. Enjoy finishing off your mini quilt. It's looking good.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Temecula blocks also!

Teresa Rawson said...

Cut yourself a break...you have so many finishes! I really like where you are going with the tiny sampler. Congratulations on your induction...that is quite an honor. I love the corsages...it is so nice when people pay attention and do all those nice little details.